Repipe Texas Blog

The latest news on how Delta Mechanical is repiping Texas.

Dallas Polybutylene Problems

19 Apr

Do I have to currently own the property to make claim for repairs that were made during my ownership?
As long as you are an eligible Class Member, you do not currently have to own and/or occupy the property to claim for expenses incurred during the ownership period.

I’m in the process of purchasing a house with PB, and the current owner had a leak last year. Can I file a claim on the previous owners leak once I own the home?
No, For a Class Member to receive relief as an Eligible Claimant, the Qualifying Leak(s) or Qualifying Yard Service Leak(s) must occur in the Unit during the Claimant’s ownership of that Unit.

What is the claim process?
After contacting the CPRC and providing your name and mailing address, a Claim Eligibility Form will be mailed to you. Once the completed form has been returned with the requested documents, it is reviewed by the Claims Department. The Claims Department will determine if the home is eligible for recovery under the Cox Settlement. This determination may require an inspection of the home by a claim adjuster contracted to inspect properties and assist in eligibility evaluations.

How long does the claim process take?
The entire claim process for a qualified and eligible property, including the replumb is approximately 90 to 120 days. (120-150 for notice).

How long does it take to receive the Claim Eligibility Form in the mail?
The claim forms are mailed every day using first class postage. Allow approximately 7-10 days to receive the form.

Leave a Reply

Powered by WP Hashcash